CBS News Electoral Map

Google Live Map - All races - Choose!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

8/29/08: I was energized!!

8/29/08

Note to readers: This was the day I started posting on various news websites. From this date to 9/25/08 when I officially inaugurated my own blog (the 10,000,001th in the blogosphere), I am appending the posts that I had made on these websites.

Ladies and Gentlemen: That was an amazing convention! Every day, I was treated to some amazing, moving, honest speeches, detailing a vision of the America I want to live in. First it was Michelle Obama, then Hillary Clinton, then Bill Clinton, then Joe Biden and finally Barack Obama. I have not heard a better set of speakers at any one event in my life, and I make a living going to conventions and conferences, albeit mostly scientific ones! I am a news junkie , however, and I have seen many a political speech in my time, but I am now more hopeful than ever that there is light at the end of the tunnel, for me as a citizen, and for America as a whole, to end its increasing isolation and again take its place in this interconnected new world.

No comments:

TIME TO VOTE!!

Folks, PLEASE VOTE TODAY!
Here's how to find your nearest voting sites:
http://www.voteforchange.com/
For complete polling site info and maps: Election Center
Take an ID! Check out all the misinfo spread by Repubs at "truth.voteforchange.com
What if something goes wrong?
Not on the voter list? Make sure you're at the right polling place, then demand a provisional ballot.
If you're voting on an electronic machine with a paper record, verify that the record is accurate.
Need legal help? Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
If you encounter a problem, try to videotape the situation and submit it to VideoTheVote.org
And if you have some time, please sign up to volunteer:
http://www.barackobama.com/splash/volunteer.html
SO, please vote for change, sanity, unity and reason! Vote Obama/Biden 2008!